The first 3 Chakras are chakras of ‘matter’ and are more physical in nature
1. Muladhara – area from perineum up through colon, bladder and first three vertebrae. Chakra of stability, security and basic needs. When balanced, we feel safe, secure and fearless.
2. Svadhisthana – area from just above the pubic bone to just below the navel. Chakra of sexuality and creativity. When balanced, we feel expressive and creative.
3. Manipura – the area from navel to sternum bone. Chakra of personal power. When balanced, we feel strong, empowered and confident.
The fourth Chakra, Anahata, serves as the ‘bridge’ between the body, mind, emotions and spirit. After working through our first three physical Chakras, we can more fully open to the spiritual Chakras. The physical and spiritual unite at Anahata.
4. Anahata – radiating out from chest point between the breasts. Chakra of connection between Matter and Spirit, love and connection. When balanced we feel secure in self love and open to life.
The top 3 Chakras are ‘spirit’ and are more etheric in nature.
5. Vishuddha – area of throat, neck, thyroid and parathyroid glands, jaw, mouth, tongue. Chakra of verbal expression. When balanced we can easily speak our highest truth.